Monday 16 July 2012

Bellabox


a couple of weeks ago (june 20th to be precise) Vogue held their popular “Online Shopping Night”. this event is an ingenious initiative; sit at your computer/laptop/ipad/smartphone whilst at home/work/in-transit and view enticing special offers from your favourite brands and online shopping destinations. it is, of course, designed for the sole purpose to capture the attention of suckers like myself and encourage us to spend up big, and let’s be honest, it works!! now considering the fact that i am a proud new owner of a 30 year home loan, these money saving events are just what I need, right? maybe not, but I thought it rude to snub Vogue, so i figured a quick browse couldn’t hurt.

boy am i glad i sensibly (or perhaps irresponsibly) perused what the night had to offer me, because I found an absolute gem! i found a link on the Vogue site “Beauty Buys at Vogue Online Shopping Night”, it was practically screaming “CLICK ME!!" and who am i to ignore such a desperate plea?

may i now introduce to, “bellabox”.

bellabox was recommendation numero uno by Vogue beauty director Cleo Glyde, so obviously, i took note! here’s what Cleo had to say of bellabox “even though poring over beauty products oneself is pure heaven, I love the idea of a beauty surprise each month – there is probably not a woman out there that wouldn’t love this as a gift”. ok Cleo! if you say so! “where do i sign up for this glorious beauty suprise?!” i frantically yelled at my screen (well not actually yelled, i think it was in my head, but you understand what I’m getting at), i was intrigued and excited, all the while being a little disappointed that i hadn’t known of such a treasure box sooner! straight to the website I go!

bellabox.com.au is where the party's at. here is their pitch: “bellabox is the beauty sampling concept to revolutionize the way Australian’s discover, trial and purchase beauty and lifestyle products”

there was not a doubt in my mind that i needed this subscription in my life, and that receiving a little box each month filled with “a premium selection of beauty and lifestyle samples that the bellabox team has sourced, tried and approvedcould only bring me joy and happiness.

fast forward just one week, and i received a courtesy email from the darlings at bellabox, to inform me that my first box was on it’s way to me. oh, the anticipation of it’s arrival! well...the anticipation was no match for the glee i felt when our trusty postman hand delivered my little parcel. now being a bellabox newbie, i wasn’t sure what to expect. here’s what i had the pleasure of receiving:


on opening this simple but attractive little box, i was welcomed with a covering letter titled “Winter Escape” which was a quick and casual overview of the contents which lay below, wrapped in a metallic charcoal crepe type paper. i really felt as though i was openly a perfectly wrapped gift… to me… from me!

 

as you can see, my bellabox was packed neatly with a varied selection products: sample tube of Benefit POREfessional Pro Balm, small pot of Pure Fiji Body Butter Coconut, Fan Di Fendi Frangrance, half a dozen Olea Olive Leaf Drops by Comvita, a full size Phytocare Pure Papaya Ointment with Calendula, a full size packet of Kiss Nail Dress and a sample tube of Gatineau Aquamemory Moisture Replenish Cream.


what I loved most about my bellabox, was that all the products inside were new to me, and were the perfect size for me to trial the product and then decide if it is something i would find appropriate for me and subsequently purchase. my favourite products in this box were the Olea Olive Leaf Drops by Comvita (i didn’t know what they were or anything of their existence, but after sampling i will definitely purchase and keep in my handbag to support my immune system - on the go), the Phytocare Papaya Ointment (another handbag must have) and the delicious coconut scented body butter by Pure Fiji, which smells good enough to eat!

i am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my july box, which can’t be too far off! the subscription which i purchased was a 12-month membership for $165.00, which works out to $13.75 per month...what a bargin! for those less enthusiastic than i (or commitment phobs), who would prefer to try out the bellabox, you can order it month to month for $15.00 a box. there are also three and six month subscriptions which would make a lovely (and reasonably priced) gift for a friend, sister or girlfriend!

bellabox.com.au is not only a subscription site, it is also an online store and has plenty of product information available which is great for curious beauty minds like mine!

i am fairly new to the idea of this beauty box subscription concept, however after doing a little research, i’ve discovered there are many sites which offer their own, with variation of cost and content.

if you are someone who is as passionate and obsessed with everything beauty like i am, you will love this – a purchase I’m sure you will not regret!

B xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment